Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Hungry Hummingbird (Or Another Intrusion Into The World Of A Cosmopolitan Climber)


I was able to get this hummingbird on video this afternoon. It's a shy female,  compared to the flashy red chested males which are very territorial and are not  afraid of hovering right in front of your face like it happened to me yesterday.  She comes very early in the day, every 5 to 10 minutes to feed on sugar water, and then on the late afternoon around sunset.  It's even more fun to watch them fly away at the speed of sound,  how do they do it?
(Now we have pushed the masturbation story way down).

4 comments:

Yusuke | たまりっひ said...

How did you film this??? Had you tripod ready for the bird??

Anyway, I have updated my blog (many articles) so visit my b, man.

PA said...

Hey Mr. T. I hand held the camera, no tripod. I will check your b, man!

Anonymous said...

It's very beautiful that bird. We saw one in República Dominicana, but there wasn't time to make a movie...

Un abrazo desde Cádiz!!

Domingo

PA said...

Hola Domingo, yo creía que también había colibris en Andalucia.

Saludos desde Las Vegas!

Pilar