Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Thug and Flail.

The vegas heat has forced us back up to Mt. Charleston.  Here's Othello the half-breed whippet sniffing around Compton Cave.

Tinkerbell works Infectious Groove 5.13b.  You have to fly like Peter Pan to do this route.
Farther up, another crux...

Unlike bouldering, thugging it out kind of backfires because you aren't done after 5 moves!  The crag is called The Hood though, so thugging is implied.  
Here's me back in Compton Cave working on Straight outta Compton 5.12d.  I'm messing up the moves here, as my left foot should be on the hold by my left hip.  
Tinkerbell on the tricky opening moves of Straight outta Compton.  The right foot shouldn't cut, but it makes for a good action shot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pics! Is this climb along the left side of Trail Canyon? If it is, I think I saw you in action as we descended Trail Canyon after a backpacking overnight up on the ridge. We got the early wake up call from Search and Rescue when they buzzed our camp.