Saturday, February 9, 2008

Rainy day hike.

Andrei enjoys a leisurely stroll through Red Rocks. No climbing because of the rain. We started at the Sandstone Quarry, with a good view of Turtlehead peak. We then went all the way to get a view of Kraft mountain and Las Vegas, circling back by the second pullout. I don't know the distance, but whatever it was, it was at my limit as my knee started its habitual sharp twinge. Fortunately, I didn't have much in my pack save a bottle of water. Andrei eats up the hiking thing. I think he could go for miles with a 50 lb. pack. He's like a 4WD human.
I was feeling taoistic here, but I ruined it by requesting a photo.
Andrei enjoying the view, although perhaps not too happy about the development that increasingly encroaches upon the canyon, like a glacier of neon, cement, and steel sliding towards the fragile desert ecosystem on a sea of asphalt. The only hope is that rising fuel costs and lack of water might halt this juggernaut.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: