Sunday, January 4, 2009

Caliman - V7

At last, I sent Caliman at the Kraft boulders. Prior to heading out to the boulders, I powered up with a bowl of linguini and buffalo meat (medium rare). Sadly, as I was alone, there's no video or photographic evidence, although there was one witness, a beginning climber named Va [sic?] who was working on the Pearl. He provided a crashpad and much welcomed encouragement. I found some different beta which was to cruise right on a thumb catch instead of bumping left to a razor sharp crimper, which has cut me in the past. I also skip the intermediates at the start and just do a ginormous deadpoint. There's only one person I know who knows what I'm talking about but there you have it: go ginormous and then cruise right. Dinner afterwards was baked trout.
Since I have no photos of the Caliman, I'll provide some recent unrelated photos...
Feather-like or UFO-like clouds.
Pilar on a 5.8 at the Conundrum Crags at Kraft.
Circumcised rock?

3 comments:

PA said...

Congratulations Chilly B. on your 3rd V7! But to prove is not luck you'll have to repeat your feat with cameras rolling next time.

Deja Climbing said...

Hey bud - My buddy said he met you in Red Rocks (Tim Melnick) and turned me on to your blog. I run Klime Clothing. we are looking for bloggers to add some personality to our site, or just to send some PR stuff to so they can run with it if they like. Check us out and let me know if that is something you would be down for.
www.klimeonlne.com.

Congrats on your send!

Deja Climbing said...

my email is nick@klimeonline.com